B1B23 MITSUBISHI - Right Side Curtain Squib 1 Circuit Shorted Together
B1B23 MITSUBISHI Possible Causes
- Faulty Right Side Curtain Squib 1
- Right Side Curtain Squib 1 harness is open or shorted
- Right Side Curtain Squib 1 circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Right Side Curtain Airbag
- Faulty Occupant Restraint Controller (ORC)
First diagnose B1B23 MITSUBISHI code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Cost of diagnosing the B1B23 MITSUBISHI code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1B23 MITSUBISHI code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
When is the B1B23 MITSUBISHI code detected?This DTC sets when the ORC detects both circuits of the same squib are shorted together for more than 2.5 seconds. This DTC transitions from active to stored when the module sees a recovery from the shorted together condition for greater than 2.5 seconds.
B1B23 MITSUBISHI Possible Symptoms
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B1b23 Mitsubishi DescriptionWhen powered, the Occupant Restraint Controller (ORC) sends a test current to the squibs to verify the integrity of the squib and the wiring. These circuits are maintained in a floating configuration at the module, (connected to neither power nor ground), as protection against inadvertent deployment. The use of the Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) Load Tool Adapter provides a test point, as well as a method for opening the shorting bar connections within the harness connector. The ORC sends out a 40 mA diagnostic current on each squib voltage supply circuit at power up and every 500 ms thereafter while the ignition is on.
B1B23 MITSUBISHI More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1B23 MITSUBISHI code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Need more help?Get the B1b23 Mitsubishi code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
B1B23 MITSUBISHI CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B1b23 Mitsubishi code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks