B1B18 MITSUBISHI - Left Side Curtain Squib 1 Circuit Low
- Faulty Left Side Curtain Squib 1
- Left Side Curtain Squib 1 harness is open or shorted
- Left Side Curtain Squib 1 circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Left Side Curtain Airbag
- Faulty Occupant Restraint Controller (ORC)
When is the code detected?This Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) sets when the ORC detects a short to ground on the squib circuit for more than 2.5 seconds. This DTC transitions from active to stored when the ORC sees a recovery from a short to ground condition for greater than 2.5 seconds.
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B1b18 Mitsubishi DescriptionWhen powered, the Occupant Restraint Controller (ORC) sends a test current to the squibs to verify the integrity of the squib and wiring. These circuits are maintained in a floating configuration at the module (connected to neither power nor ground) as protection against inadvertent deployment. The use of the Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) Load Tool Adapter Tool provides a test point as well as a method for opening the shorting bar connections within the harness connector. The ORC sends out a 40 mA diagnostic current on each squib voltage supply circuit at power up and every 500 ms thereafter while the ignition is on.
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Need more help?Get the B1b18 Mitsubishi code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
B1B18 MITSUBISHI CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B1b18 Mitsubishi code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks