B1B0B MITSUBISHI - Passenger Airbag Squib 1 Circuit Shorted Together
B1B0B MITSUBISHI Possible Causes
- Faulty Passenger Airbag Squib 1
- Passenger Airbag Squib 1 harness is open or shorted
- Passenger Airbag Squib 1 circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Passenger Airbag
- Faulty Occupant Restraint Controller (ORC)
First diagnose B1B0B MITSUBISHI code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Cost of diagnosing the B1B0B MITSUBISHI code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1B0B MITSUBISHI code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
When is the B1B0B MITSUBISHI code detected?This Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) sets when the ORC detects both circuits of the same squib are shorted together for more than 2.5 seconds. This DTC transitions from active to stored when the ORC sees a recovery from a shorted together condition for greater than 2.5 seconds.
B1B0B MITSUBISHI Possible Symptoms
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B1b0b Mitsubishi DescriptionWhen powered, the Occupant Restraint Controller (ORC) sends a test current to the squibs to verify the integrity of the squib and wiring. These circuits are maintained in a floating configuration at the module (connected to neither power nor ground), as protection against inadvertent deployment. The use of the SRS Load Tool Adapter provides a test point as well as a method for opening the shorting bar connections within the harness connector. The ORC sends out a 40 mA diagnostic current on each squib voltage supply circuit at power up and every 500 ms thereafter while the ignition is on.
B1B0B MITSUBISHI More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1B0B MITSUBISHI code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Need more help?Get the B1b0b Mitsubishi code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
B1B0B MITSUBISHI CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B1b0b Mitsubishi code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks