B1936 - Air Bag Driver Circuit Short To Ground Fault
- Faulty Driver Air Bag Module
- Driver Air Bag Module harness is open or shorted
- Driver Air Bag Module circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Restraint Control Module (RCM)
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B1936 DescriptionThe Restraints Control Module (RCM) checks all of the Driver Air Bag Circuits for faults. If the RCM detects a short to ground on the Driver Air Bag Module Squib 1 Circuits, it will store Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) B1936 in memory and illuminate the air bag indicator.
B1936 Information for specific makes
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Need more help?Get the B1936 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
B1936 CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B1936 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks