B1890 MAZDA Code - PAD Warning Lamp Circuit Short to Battery
|B1890 MAZDA code possible causes
- Faulty Passenger Air Bag Deactivation (PAD) Warning Lamp
- PAD Warning Lamp harness is open or shorted
- PAD Warning Lamp circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Restraints Control Module (RCM)
|How do I fix the B1890 MAZDA code?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|Cost of diagnosing the B1890 MAZDA code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1890 MAZDA code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|What are B1890 MAZDA code possible symptoms?
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
|B1890 MAZDA code descriptionWhen the ignition is in the ON position, the Passenger Air Bag Deactivation (PAD) indicator prove-out period is initiated by the Restraints Control Module (RCM). The RCM briefly activates the PAD indicator to verify the occupants correct functional operation of the PAD indicator. For additional information, refer to Air Bag and Safety Belt Pretensioner Supplemental Restraint System (SRS). If the RCM detects an open or short to ground on the PAD indicator circuit, it will store the Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) B1890 in memory and illuminate the air bag warning indicator.
|Need more information with the B1890 MAZDA code?Need more information on how to fix the B1890 MAZDA code? Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
|Need help with a B1890 MAZDA code?Get the B1890 Mazda code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
|B1890 MAZDA code commentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above helps you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B1890 Mazda code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks