B1879 MERCURY - Seat Belt Driver Pretensioner Circuit Short To Ground
B1879 MERCURY Possible Causes
- Faulty Seat Belt Driver Pretensioner
- Seat Belt Driver Pretensioner harness is open or shorted
- Seat Belt Driver Pretensioner circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Restraints Control Module (RCM)
First diagnose B1879 MERCURY code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Cost of diagnosing the B1879 MERCURY code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1879 MERCURY code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B1879 MERCURY Possible Symptoms
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B1879 Mercury DescriptionThe Restraints Control Module (RCM) checks all of the safety Seat Belt Pretensioners for faults. If the RCM detects a short to ground on a Driver Safety Seat Belt Pretensioner circuit, it will store diagnostic trouble code (DTC) B1879 in memory and illuminate the air bag warning indicator.
B1879 MERCURY More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1879 MERCURY code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Need more help?Get the B1879 Mercury code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
B1879 MERCURY CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B1879 Mercury code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks