B1877 MAZDA Code - Seat Belt Driver Pretensioner Circuit Open
|B1877 MAZDA code possible causes
- Faulty Seat Belt Driver Pretensioner
- Seat Belt Driver Pretensioner harness is open or shorted
- Seat Belt Driver Pretensioner circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Restraints Control Module (RCM)
|How do I fix the B1877 MAZDA code?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|Cost of diagnosing the B1877 MAZDA code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1877 MAZDA code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|What are B1877 MAZDA code possible symptoms?
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
|B1877 MAZDA code descriptionThe Restraints Control Module (RCM) checks all of the safety Seat Belt Pretensioners for faults. If the RCM detects a low resistance or open on the Driver Safety Seat Belt Pretensioner circuits, it will store the Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) B1877 in memory and illuminate the air bag warning indicator.
|Need more information with the B1877 MAZDA code?Need more information on how to fix the B1877 MAZDA code? Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
|Need help with a B1877 MAZDA code?Get the B1877 Mazda code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
|B1877 MAZDA code commentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above helps you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B1877 Mazda code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks