B1876 - Seat Belt Driver Pretensioner Circuit Failure
- Faulty Seat Belt Driver Pretensioner
- Seat Belt Driver Pretensioner harness is open or shorted
- Seat Belt Driver Pretensioner circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Restraints Control Module (RCM)
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B1876 DescriptionThe Restraints Control Module (RCM) checks all of the safety Seat Belt Pretensioners for faults. If the RCM detects a low resistance or open on the Driver Safety Seat Belt Pretensioner circuits, it will store the Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) B1876 in memory and illuminate the air bag warning indicator.
B1876 Information for specific makes
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Need more help?Get the B1876 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
B1876 CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B1876 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks