B1869 2000 FORD EXPEDITION - Lamp Air Bag Warning Indicator Circuit Open
B1869 2000 FORD EXPEDITION Possible Causes
- Blown Air Bag Warning Light bulb
- Air Bag Warning Light bulb harness is open or shorted
- Air Bag Warning Light bulb circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Restrain Control Module (RCM)
First diagnose B1869 2000 FORD EXPEDITION code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Cost of diagnosing the B1869 2000 FORD EXPEDITION code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1869 2000 FORD EXPEDITION code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B1869 2000 FORD EXPEDITION Possible Symptoms
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B1869 2000 Ford Expedition DescriptionThe air bag indicator is designed to illuminate for 6 (±2) seconds when the ignition switch is turned to the RUN position. This initial 6 seconds of illumination is considered normal operation and is called Prove-Out of the air bag indicator. The air bag indicator is then used to warn the driver that there is a fault in the air bag Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) .
The air bag Restrain Control Module (RCM) module monitors the air bag indicator for open and short to ground conditions. If the ECS detects an open or short to ground condition on the air bag indicator circuit, it will store a Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) B1869 in memory.
If the RCM detects an air bag indicator failure in addition to another SRS failure, the RCM will send a signal to the Generic Electronic Module (GEM) module to produce five sets of five tone bursts.
B1869 2000 FORD EXPEDITION More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1869 2000 FORD EXPEDITION code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Need more help?Get the B1869 2000 Ford Expedition code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
B1869 2000 FORD EXPEDITION CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B1869 2000 Ford Expedition code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks