B1813 TOYOTA - Short To Positive In Driver Side Squib 2nd Step Circuit
B1813 TOYOTA Possible Causes
- Instrument panel wire
- Faulty Spiral cable
- Faulty Steering Pad (Driver Side Squib 2nd Step)
- Faulty Center Airbag Sensor Assembly
First diagnose B1813 TOYOTA code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Cost of diagnosing the B1813 TOYOTA code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1813 TOYOTA code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B1813 TOYOTA Possible Symptoms
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B1813 Toyota DescriptionThe Driver Side Squib 2nd Step Circuit consists of the Center Airbag Sensor Assembly, the Spiral Cable, and the Steering Pad. The circuit signals the Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) to deploy when deployment conditions are met. The Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) is recorded when a malfunction is detected in the Driver Side Squib 2nd Step Circuit.
B1813 TOYOTA More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1813 TOYOTA code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Need more help?Get the B1813 Toyota code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
B1813 TOYOTA CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B1813 Toyota code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks