B1692 - Autolamp Delay Circuit Short To Ground
B1692 Possible Causes
- Faulty Autolamp Delay Circuit
- Faulty Body Control Module (BCM)
First diagnose B1692 code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Cost of diagnosing the B1692 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1692 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B1692 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B1692 DescriptionThe Body Control Module (BCM) monitors the Autolamp Delay Circuit. The BCM sets the OBDII code when the Autolamp Delay Circuit is not to factory specifications.
B1692 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1692 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
B1692 Information for specific makes
- B1692 FORD Autolamp Delay Circuit Short To Ground
- B1692 LEXUS Lost Communication with Door Side Airbag Sensor RH
- B1692 LINCOLN Autolamp Delay Circuit Short To Ground
- B1692 MERCURY Autolamp Delay Circuit Short To Ground
- B1692 SCION Lost Communication with Door Side Airbag Sensor RH
- B1692 TOYOTA Lost Communication with Door Side Airbag Sensor RH
Need more help?Get the B1692 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
B1692 CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B1692 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks