B1673 - Seat Driver Occupied Input Circuit Open
B1673 Possible Causes
- Faulty Seat Driver Occupied Sensor
- Seat Driver Occupied Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Seat Driver Occupied Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Body Control Module (BCM)
How do I fix code B1673?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the B1673 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1673 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B1673 DescriptionThe Body Control Module (BCM) monitors the Seat Driver Occupied Sensor. The BCM sets the OBDII code when the Seat Driver Occupied Sensor is not to factory specifications.
B1673 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1673 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- B1673 CHRYSLER Power Liftgate Open Direction Ratchet Secondary Switch Performance
- B1673 DODGE Power Liftgate Open Direction Ratchet Secondary Switch Performance
- B1673 JEEP Power Liftgate Open Direction Ratchet Secondary Switch Performance
- B1673 RAM Power Liftgate Open Direction Ratchet Secondary Switch Performance
Need more help?Get the B1673 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B1673 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks