B1642 LEXUS - Lost Communication With Side Satellite Sensor Bus Right
- Faulty Side Airbag Sensor Right (RH)
- Faulty Rear Airbag Sensor Right (RH)
- Faulty Center Airbag Sensor Assembly
- Center Airbag Sensor Assembly harness is open or shorted
- Center Airbag Sensor Assembly circuit poor electrical connection
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B1642 Lexus DescriptionThe Side Collision Sensor Right (RH) circuit (to determine deployment of the Front Seat Side Airbag Assembly RH and Curtain Shield Airbag Assembly RH) is composed of the Center Airbag Sensor Assembly, Side Airbag Sensor RH and Rear Airbag Sensor RH. The Side Airbag Sensor RH and Rear Airbag Sensor RH detect impacts to the vehicle and send signals to the Center Airbag Sensor Assembly to determine if the airbag should be deployed. The Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) is stored when a malfunction is detected for the Side Collision RH circuit (to determine deployment of the Front Seat Side Airbag Assembly RH and Curtain Shield Airbag Assembly RH).
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Need more help?Get the B1642 Lexus code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
B1642 LEXUS CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B1642 Lexus code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks