B1627 TOYOTA - Lost Communication With Side Airbag Sensor Left
- Faulty Side Airbag Sensor Left (LH)
- Faulty Rear Airbag Sensor Left (LH)
- Faulty Center Airbag Sensor Assembly
- Center Airbag Sensor Assembly harness is open or shorted
- Center Airbag Sensor Assembly circuit poor electrical connection
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B1627 Toyota DescriptionThe Side Collision Sensor Left (LH) circuit (to determine deployment of the Front Seat Side Airbag Assembly LH and Curtain Shield Airbag Assembly LH) is composed of the Center Airbag Sensor Assembly, Side Airbag Sensor LH and Rear Airbag Sensor LH. The Side Airbag Sensor LH and Rear Airbag Sensor LH detect impacts to the vehicle and send signals to the Center Airbag Sensor Assembly to determine if the airbag should be deployed. The Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) is stored when a malfunction is detected in the Side Collision Sensor LH circuit (to determine deployment of the Front Seat Side Airbag Assembly LH and Curtain Shield Airbag Assembly LH).
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Need more help?Get the B1627 Toyota code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
B1627 TOYOTA CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B1627 Toyota code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks