B1608 - Illuminated Entry Input Open Circuit
B1608 Possible Causes
- Faulty Illuminated Entry Input Switch
- Illuminated Entry Input Switch harness is open or shorted
- Illuminated Entry Input Switch circuit poor electrical connection
How do I fix code B1608?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the B1608 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1608 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B1608 DescriptionThe Body Control Module (BCM) monitors the Illuminated Entry Input. The BCM sets the OBDII code when the Illuminated Entry Input is not to factory specifications.
B1608 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1608 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- B1608 CHRYSLER Headlamp Switch Input Circuit High
- B1608 DODGE Headlamp Switch Input Circuit High
- B1608 JEEP Headlamp Switch Input Circuit High
- B1608 LEXUS Front Satellite Sensor Bus Left Initialization Incomplete
- B1608 RAM Headlamp Switch Input Circuit High
- B1608 SCION Front Satellite Sensor Bus Left Initialization Incomplete
- B1608 TOYOTA Front Satellite Sensor Bus Left Initialization Incomplete
Need more help?Get the B1608 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B1608 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks