B1578 - Lamp Park Input Circuit Short To Ground
B1578 Possible Causes
- Faulty Headlamp Switch
- Headlamp Switch harness is open or shorted
- Headlamp Switch circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Smart Junction Box (SJB)
How do I fix code B1578?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the B1578 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1578 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B1578 DescriptionThe Smart Junction Box (SJB) monitors the parking lamp request input from the headlamp switch. The SJB provides a ground for the parking lamp relay coil (integrated into the SJB ) when a request for the parking lamps is received. When the parking lamp relay is energized, voltage is routed to the rear and front parking lamps. The Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) sets when the SJB detects a short to ground from the parking lamps on input circuit.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1578 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- B1578 CHRYSLER Audio Antenna Circuit Resistance Below Threshold
- B1578 DODGE Audio Antenna Circuit Resistance Below Threshold
- B1578 FORD Lamp Park Input Circuit Short To Ground
- B1578 JEEP Audio Antenna Circuit Resistance Below Threshold
- B1578 LINCOLN Lamp Park Input Circuit Short To Ground
- B1578 MERCURY Lamp Park Input Circuit Short To Ground
- B1578 RAM Audio Antenna Circuit Resistance Below Threshold
Need more help?Get the B1578 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B1578 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks