B1517 CADILLAC - Battery Voltage Low/High Voltage
Tech notes- B1517 03: Battery Voltage Low Voltage
- B1517 07: Battery Voltage High Voltage
- B1517 5A : Battery Voltage Not Plausible
B1517 Cadillac DescriptionThe vehicle control modules or sensors monitor the system voltage to verify the system voltage is within the normal operating range. The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) sets the OBDII code when the Control Module Power is not to factory specifications.
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.