B1512 - Driver Door Handle Circuit Open
B1512 Possible Causes
- Faulty Driver Door Handle
- Driver Door Handle harness is open or shorted
- Driver Door Handle circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Body Control Module (BCM)
How do I fix code B1512?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the B1512 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1512 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B1512 DescriptionThe Body Control Module (BCM) monitors the Driver Door Handle. The BCM sets the OBDII code when the Driver Door Handle is not to factory specifications.
B1512 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1512 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- B1512 BUICK Fuel Driver Information Center Switch Signal Short To Ground
- B1512 CADILLAC Fuel Driver Information Center Switch Signal Short To Ground
- B1512 CHEVROLET Fuel Driver Information Center Switch Signal Short To Ground
- B1512 GMC Fuel Driver Information Center Switch Signal Short To Ground
- B1512 HYUNDAI Buckle Switch Driver Short Or Short To Ground
- B1512 KIA Buckle Switch Driver Short Or Short To Ground
Need more help?Get the B1512 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B1512 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks