B1486 - Brake Pedal Input Circuit Ground Short
- Faulty Brake Pedal Position Switch
- Brake Pedal Position Switch harness is open or shorted
- Brake Pedal Position Switch circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Smart Junction Box (SJB)
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B1486 DescriptionFused battery voltage is supplied to the Brake Pedal Position (BPP) Switch from Smart Junction Box (SJB) fuse along the circuit. When the brake pedal is pressed, the BPP switch supplies fused battery voltage to the Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) module, the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) and the SJB along the circuit.
B1486 Information for specific makes
Need more help?Get the B1486 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
B1486 CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B1486 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks