B1482 KIA - 2nd Stage Driver Airbag Resistance Too Low
B1482 KIA Possible Causes
- Faulty Driver Airbag
- Driver Airbag harness is open or shorted
- Driver Airbag circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Clockspring
- Faulty Supplemental Restraints System Control Module (SRSCM)
First diagnose B1482 KIA code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the B1482 KIA code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1482 KIA code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B1482 KIA Possible Symptoms
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B1482 Kia DescriptionThe Driver Airbag circuit consists of the Supplemental Restraints System Control Module (SRSCM), Clockspring and the Driver Airbag (DAB) which has two squib circuits. The SRSCM sets the Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) if it detects that the resistance of DAB squib is too high or low.
B1482 KIA More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1482 KIA code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Need more help?Get the B1482 Kia code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
B1482 KIA CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B1482 Kia code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks