B1475 KIA Code - Driver Curtain Airbag Circuit Short To Ground
|B1475 KIA code possible causes
- Faulty Driver Curtain Airbag (CAB) Squib
- Driver Curtain Airbag (CAB) Squib harness is open or shorted
- Driver Curtain Airbag (CAB) Squib circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Supplemental Restraints System Control Module (SRSCM)
|How do I fix the B1475 KIA code?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|Cost of diagnosing the B1475 KIA code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1475 KIA code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|What are B1475 KIA code possible symptoms?
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
|B1475 KIA code descriptionThe Curtain Airbag (CAB) Squib circuit consists of the Supplemental Restraints System Control Module (SRSCM) and two Curtain Airbag. It causes the Supplemental Restraints System (SRS) to deploy when the SRS deployment conditions are satisfied. The OBDII Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) is recorded when short to ground is detected in the CAB squib circuit.
|Need more information with the B1475 KIA code?Need more information on how to fix the B1475 KIA code? Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
|Need help with a B1475 KIA code?Get the B1475 Kia code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
|B1475 KIA code commentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above helps you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B1475 Kia code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks