- Faulty Seat Belt Switch
- Seat Belt Switch harness is open or shorted
- Seat Belt Switch circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Body Control Module (BCM)
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B1462 DescriptionThe Body Control Module (BCM) monitors the Seat Belt Switch. The BCM sets the OBDII code when the Seat Belt Switch is not to factory specifications.
B1462 Information for specific makes
- B1462 CHRYSLER Channel 1 Audio Speaker Output Circuit High
- B1462 DODGE Channel 1 Audio Speaker Output Circuit High
- B1462 FORD Charge Port Light Ring LED Segment 2 No Sub Type Information
- B1462 JEEP Channel 1 Audio Speaker Output Circuit High
- B1462 LEXUS Room Humidity Sensor Circuit
- B1462 LINCOLN Charge Port Light Ring LED Segment 2 No Sub Type Information
- B1462 MERCURY Charge Port Light Ring LED Segment 2 No Sub Type Information
- B1462 RAM Channel 1 Audio Speaker Output Circuit High
- B1462 SCION Room Humidity Sensor Circuit
- B1462 TOYOTA Room Humidity Sensor Circuit
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Need more help?Get the B1462 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
B1462 CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B1462 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks