B1428 - Ignition Switched Power Run/Crank Relay Circuit
- Faulty Ignition Switched Power Run/Crank Relay
- Ignition Switched Power Run/Crank Relay harness is open or shorted
- Ignition Switched Power Run/Crank Relay circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Body Control Module (BCM)
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B1428 DescriptionThe Body Control Module (BCM) controls the Run/Crank relay through the run/crank relay coil control circuit by applying voltage to the circuit. The Run/Crank relay is energized when the ignition switch is in ON or START, or when a remote start is requested. The OBDII codes set when the BCM detects a short to ground in the run/crank relay coil control circuit.
B1428 Information for specific makes
Need more help?Get the B1428 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
B1428 CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B1428 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks