B140D FORD Code - Second Row Passenger Side Seatbelt Sensor Circuit
|B140D FORD code possible causes
- Faulty Second Row Passenger Side Seatbelt
- Second Row Passenger Side Seatbelt harness is open or shorted
- Second Row Passenger Side Seatbelt circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Restraint Control Module (RCM)
|How do I fix the B140D FORD code?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|B140D FORD code tech notesB140D:11 Second Row Passenger Side Seatbelt Sensor Circuit Short to Ground
B140D:12 Second Row Passenger Side Seatbelt Sensor Circuit Short to Battery
B140D:13 Second Row Passenger Side Seatbelt Sensor Circuit Open
B140D:1D Second Row Passenger Side Seatbelt Sensor Circuit Current Out of Range
|Cost of diagnosing the B140D FORD code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B140D FORD code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|What are B140D FORD code possible symptoms?
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
|B140D FORD code descriptionThe Restraint Control Module (RCM) continuously monitors the second row right safety belt buckle switch circuits for the following faults: Open circuit, Short to voltage, Short to ground, Current out of range, Faulted second row right safety belt buckle switch. If a fault is detected, the RCM stores DTC B140D in memory and sends a message to the IPC to illuminate the airbag warning indicator.
|Need more information with the B140D FORD code?Need more information on how to fix the B140D FORD code? Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
|Need help with a B140D FORD code?Get the B140d Ford code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
|B140D FORD code commentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above helps you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B140d Ford code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks