B140C FORD - Second Row Driver Side Seatbelt Sensor Circuit
B140C FORD Possible Causes
- Faulty Second Row Driver Side Seatbelt
- Second Row Driver Side Seatbelt harness is open or shorted
- Second Row Driver Side Seatbelt circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Restraint Control Module (RCM)
How do I fix code B140C FORD?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
B140C:12 Second Row Driver Side Seatbelt Sensor Circuit Short to Battery
B140C:13 Second Row Driver Side Seatbelt Sensor Circuit Open
B140C:1D Second Row Driver Side Seatbelt Sensor Circuit Current Out of Range
Cost of diagnosing the B140C FORD code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B140C FORD code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B140C FORD DescriptionThe Restraint Control Module (RCM) continuously monitors the second row left safety belt buckle switch circuits for the following faults: Open circuit, Short to voltage, Short to ground, Current out of range, Faulted second row left safety belt buckle switch. If a fault is detected, the RCM stores Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) B140C in memory and sends a message to the IPC to illuminate the airbag warning indicator.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B140C FORD code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Need more help?Get the B140c Ford code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B140c Ford code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks