B1407 FORD Code - Passenger Side Airbag Deployment Control Circuit
|B1407 FORD code possible causes
- Faulty Passenger Side Airbag
- Passenger Side Airbag harness is open or shorted
- Passenger Side Airbag circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Restraint Control Module (RCM)
|How do I fix the B1407 FORD code?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|B1407 FORD code tech notesB1407:11 Passenger Side Airbag Deployment Control Circuit Short to Ground
B1407:12 Passenger Side Airbag Deployment Control Circuit Short to Battery
B1407:13 Passenger Side Airbag Deployment Control Circuit Open
B1407:1A Passenger Side Airbag Deployment Control Circuit Resistance Below Threshold
|Cost of diagnosing the B1407 FORD code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1407 FORD code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|What are B1407 FORD code possible symptoms?
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
|B1407 FORD code descriptionThe Restraint Control Module (RCM) analyzes the deployment loop resistance to determine if a fault exists. The value displayed in the PID is the deployment loop resistance measured by the RCM. If the value displayed is lower or higher than the desired range, the RCM can set a Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC). As the deployment loop resistance drifts farther outside the desired range, the chance for a DTC increases. Small variations in resistance can occur due to the effect of road vibrations on terminal fit. Crimps and terminals can be affected by stress and harness movement and can cause an increase in resistance due to wire strain. These variables can result in an intermittent fault. For this reason, the test requires the PID value to be within the desired range before the fault is considered repaired, regardless if the module is reporting an on-demand DTC at the time of diagnosis. Following this direction helps make sure that minor changes in resistance do not create a repeat concern.
|Need more information with the B1407 FORD code?Need more information on how to fix the B1407 FORD code? Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
|Need help with a B1407 FORD code?Get the B1407 Ford code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
|B1407 FORD code commentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above helps you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B1407 Ford code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks