B1403 HYUNDAI - SIS Front-Passenger Defect
B1403 HYUNDAI Possible Causes
- Faulty Front-Passenger Side Impact Sensor (SIS)
- Front-Passenger Side Impact Sensor (SIS) harness is open or shorted
- Front-Passenger Side Impact Sensor (SIS) circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Supplemental Restraints System Control Module (SRSCM)
First diagnose B1403 HYUNDAI code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the B1403 HYUNDAI code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1403 HYUNDAI code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B1403 HYUNDAI Possible Symptoms
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B1403 Hyundai DescriptionThe Side Impact Sensor (SIS) is located on both side of the center pillar detects a broad collision. When SIS delivers collision signal to Supplemental Restraints System Control Module (SRSCM), SRSCM checks if safing sensor located in SRSCM detects a collision. and if both SIS and the safing sensor detects collision simultaneously, SRSCM operates side air bag.
B1403 HYUNDAI More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1403 HYUNDAI code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Need more help?Get the B1403 Hyundai code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
B1403 HYUNDAI CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B1403 Hyundai code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks