B1391 HYUNDAI - Passenger Seat Track Position Sensor Short Or Short To Battery
B1391 HYUNDAI Possible Causes
- Faulty Passenger Seat Track Position Sensor
- Passenger Seat Track Position Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Passenger Seat Track Position Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Supplemental Restraint System Control Module (SRSCM)
How do I fix code B1391 HYUNDAI?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the B1391 HYUNDAI code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1391 HYUNDAI code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B1391 HYUNDAI DescriptionThe Seat Track Position Sensor (STPS) located underneath the occupant seat detects the horizontal position of the occupant seat and delivers it to the Supplemental Restraint System Control Module (SRSCM). The signal of STPS is one of the major parameters that determine the way dual output type airbag deploys. The SRSCM sets the Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) if it detects that the Seat Track Position Sensor is not to factory specifications.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1391 HYUNDAI code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Need more help?Get the B1391 Hyundai code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B1391 Hyundai code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks