B1380 PONTIAC - Device Ignition Accessory Circuit Open
- Faulty Ignition Switch
- Ignition Switch harness is open or shorted
- Ignition Switch circuit poor electrical connection
When is the code detected?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B1380 PONTIAC Description
The PMM will activate relays and other direct outputs of the PMM as needed according to the calculated power mode. Some relays controlled by the BCM are switched ignition voltage outputs that are pass through circuits within the BCM directly from the ignition switch. If these circuits short to ground, the B+ circuit fuse to the ignition switch will open.
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Need more help?
B1380 PONTIAC CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B1380 Pontiac code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks