B1363 - Driver Belt Pretensioner Short to Ground
- Faulty Driver Belt Pretensioner
- Driver Belt Pretensioner harness is open or shorted
- Driver Belt Pretensioner circuit poor electrical connection
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B1363 DescriptionWhen the ignition switch is turned to ON, the Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM) will perform turn-on test to diagnose critical malfunctions within SDM itself.
Upon passing these test ignition and deployment loop voltages are measured to ensure that they are within their normal voltage ranges. The SDM monitors the voltages at the driver low and the passenger low to detect shorts to ground or voltage in the deploy loops.
The SDM checks the wiring connection to the driver belt pretensioner by letting the infinitesimal current flow through the internal circuit and verify the resistance.
B1363 Information for specific makes
- B1363 BUICK Driver Belt Pretensioner Short to Ground
- B1363 CADILLAC Driver Belt Pretensioner Short to Ground
- B1363 CHEVROLET Driver Belt Pretensioner Short to Ground
- B1363 GMC Driver Belt Pretensioner Short to Ground
- B1363 HYUNDAI Front-Driver Seat Belt Pretensioner Circuit Short To Ground
- B1363 KIA Front-Driver Seat Belt Pretensioner Circuit Short To Ground
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Need more help?Get the B1363 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
B1363 CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B1363 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks