- Faulty Driver Front Airbag
- Driver Front Airbag harness is open or shorted
- Driver Front Airbag circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Clockspring
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B1349 DescriptionWhen the ignition switch is turned to ON, the Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM) will perform turn-on test to diagnose critical malfunctions within SDM itself.
Upon passing these test ignition and deployment loop voltages are measured to ensure that they are within their normal voltage ranges. The SDM monitors the voltages at the driver low and the passenger low to detect shorts to ground or voltage in the deploy loops.
The SDM checks the wiring connection to the driver airbag module by letting the infinitesimal current flow through the internal circuit and verify the resistance.
B1349 Information for specific makes
- B1349 BUICK Driver Front Airbag Short to Battery
- B1349 CADILLAC Driver Front Airbag Short to Battery
- B1349 CHEVROLET Driver Front Airbag Short to Battery
- B1349 FORD Heated Backlite Relay Short to Battery
- B1349 GMC Driver Front Airbag Short to Battery
- B1349 HYUNDAI Driver-Side Air Bag Module First Stage Short To Battery
- B1349 INFINITI Front Door Satellite Sensor Left Communication Error
- B1349 KIA Driver-Side Air Bag Module First Stage Short To Battery
- B1349 LINCOLN Heated Backlite Relay Short to Battery
- B1349 MERCURY Heated Backlite Relay Short to Battery
- B1349 NISSAN Front Door Satellite Sensor Left Communication Error
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Need more help?Get the B1349 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
B1349 CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B1349 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks