B1310 - Run/Start Control Circuit Short to Ground or Open
B1310 Possible Causes
- Faulty Ignition Switch
- Ignition Switch harness is open or shorted
- Ignition Switch circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Run/Start Relay
- Faulty Body Control Module (BCM
How do I fix code B1310?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the B1310 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1310 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B1310 DescriptionWhen the ignition switch is turned to the RUN position, a voltage signal is sent to the Body Control Module (BCM). The BCM then activates the run/start relay and the run/acc relay, which distribute fused voltage to various components. The run/acc relay is serviced as part of the BCM. the BCM continuously monitors the control side of the run/start relay. This Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) sets if the BCM detects an open or a short to ground on the control circuit. The BCM uses a Field-Effect Transistor (FET) to control the run/start relay. When this DTC sets, the control side of the run/start relay is disabled via the FET. Once the condition that caused the DTC to set is repaired, the BCM must pass a self-test in order for the DTC to clear and the system to resume normal operation.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1310 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- B1310 BUICK Ambient Air Temperature Sensor
- B1310 CADILLAC Ambient Air Temperature Sensor
- B1310 CHEVROLET Ambient Air Temperature Sensor
- B1310 FORD Run/Start Control Circuit Short to Ground or Open
- B1310 GMC Ambient Air Temperature Sensor
- B1310 LINCOLN Run/Start Control Circuit Short to Ground or Open
- B1310 MERCURY Run/Start Control Circuit Short to Ground or Open
- B1310 PONTIAC Ambient Air Temperature Sensor
- B1310 SATURN Ambient Air Temperature Sensor
Need more help?Get the B1310 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B1310 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks