B1287 Possible Causes
- Faulty Amplifier
- Amplifier harness is open or shorted
- Amplifier circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Radio Unit
First diagnose B1287 code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
B1287 Tech NotesDTC B1287 01 Amplifier Control Signal Circuit Short to Battery
DTC B1287 02 Amplifier Control Signal Circuit Short to Ground
DTC B1287 04 Amplifier Control Signal Circuit Open
Cost of diagnosing the B1287 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1287 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B1287 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B1287 DescriptionThe radio provides a remote amplifier mute output circuit to control overall muting of the remote amplifier. The amplifier receives Pulse Width Modulated (PWM) signals on the control circuit at varying duty cycle percentages for controlling muted and unmuted functions of the amplifier. Circuitry internal to the radio monitors the remote amplifier mute circuit for faults and sets the appropriate Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) when faults are detected.
B1287 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1287 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
B1287 Information for specific makes
- B1287 BUICK Amplifier Control Signal Circuit
- B1287 CADILLAC Amplifier Control Signal Circuit
- B1287 CHEVROLET Amplifier Control Signal Circuit
- B1287 FORD Central Lock Switch Illumination Circuit
- B1287 GMC Amplifier Control Signal Circuit
- B1287 LINCOLN Central Lock Switch Illumination Circuit
- B1287 MERCURY Central Lock Switch Illumination Circuit
Need more help?Get the B1287 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
B1287 CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B1287 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks