B1277 - Microphone 1 Input Signal Circuit
B1277 Possible Causes
- Faulty Radio Volume Compensator Interior Noise Microphone
- Radio Volume Compensator Interior Noise Microphone harness is open or shorted
- Radio Volume Compensator Interior Noise Microphone circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Audio Amplifier
How do I fix code B1277Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the B1277 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1277 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B1277 DescriptionThe active noise cancellation system uses three microphones in the vehicle headliner: one above each front seating position, and one above the rear seat. The Audio Amplifier provides a bias voltage to each microphone (+) and (-) signal circuits for operation of the microphone. The microphones monitor the vehicle cabin for undesirable engine sounds. The Audio Amplifier uses the microphone inputs and an engine RPM signal to determine the frequency of the undesirable sound. The Audio Amplifier performs a self diagnostic of the microphone circuits 16 seconds after initial power up, then periodically every 400 milliseconds thereafter.
B1277 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1277 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- B1277 ACURA Headlight Switch AUTO Position Circuit Malfunction
- B1277 BUICK Microphone 1 Input Signal Circuit
- B1277 CADILLAC Microphone 1 Input Signal Circuit
- B1277 CHEVROLET Microphone 1 Input Signal Circuit
- B1277 FORD Reverse Lamp Circuit Short
- B1277 GMC Microphone 1 Input Signal Circuit
- B1277 HONDA Headlight Switch AUTO Position Circuit Malfunction
- B1277 LINCOLN Reverse Lamp Circuit Short
- B1277 MERCURY Reverse Lamp Circuit Short
Need more help?Get the B1277 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B1277 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks