B1248 - Right Rear Turn Indicator Circuit Short To Ground
B1248 Possible Causes
- Faulty Right Rear Turn Indicator
- Right Rear Turn Indicator harness is open or shorted
- Right Rear Turn Indicator circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Body Control Module (BCM)
First diagnose B1248 code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Cost of diagnosing the B1248 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1248 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B1248 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B1248 DescriptionThe Steering Column Control Module (SCCM) monitors the multifunction switch position. When the multifunction switch is in the left or right TURN position, the SCCM sends a turn signal switch_status message over the communication network to the Body Control Module (BCM) indicating a request for the left or right turn signal. When the BCM receives a request for a turn signal, the BCM supplies on/off voltage to the appropriate turn lamps.
The timed on/off cycle for turn lamps is determined by the BCM and is set to flash approximately 80 times per minute if both the front and rear turn signal lamps operate correctly. If an individual turn signal lamp is inoperative, the BCM fast flashes the remaining turn lamp approximately 160 times per minute to indicate a bulb outage to the driver. The OBDII sets when the BCM detects the front, rear or exterior mirror turn lamp output is not to factory specifications.
B1248 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1248 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
B1248 Information for specific makes
- B1248 ACURA Problem In The Rear Mode Control Motor Circuit, Linkage, Door, Or Motor
- B1248 FORD Right Rear Turn Indicator Circuit Short To Ground
- B1248 HONDA Problem In The Rear Mode Control Motor Circuit, Linkage, Door, Or Motor
- B1248 LEXUS AVC–LAN Communication Impossible
- B1248 LINCOLN Right Rear Turn Indicator Circuit Short To Ground
- B1248 MERCURY Right Rear Turn Indicator Circuit Short To Ground
- B1248 SCION AVC–LAN Communication Impossible
- B1248 TOYOTA AVC–LAN Communication Impossible
Need more help?Get the B1248 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
B1248 CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B1248 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks