B1209 INFINITI - Frontal Collision Detection
- Faulty Air Bag Diagnosis Sensor Unit (ACU)
- Air Bag Diagnosis Sensor Unit (ACU) harness is open or shorted
- Air Bag Diagnosis Sensor Unit (ACU) circuit poor electrical connection
Tech notesAfter a front collision, all the deployed components and the Air Bag Diagnosis Sensor Unit (ACU) must need to be replaced. If there is no collision, then the problem is with the Air Bag Diagnosis Sensor Unit (ACU)
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B1209 Infiniti DescriptionDetects component damage resulting from a front collision, blinks or illuminates the air bag warning lamp to
inform the driver. The air bag and seat belt pre-tensioners for driver and front seat passenger are operated by the decision of the Air Bag Diagnosis Sensor Unit (ACU) out signal transmitted because of the frontal collision.
The Frontal Collision Detection consists of crash zone sensor, Air Bag Diagnosis Sensor Unit (ACU), air bags and seat belt pre-tensioners for driver and front passenger.
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Need more help?Get the B1209 Infiniti code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
B1209 INFINITI CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B1209 Infiniti code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks