B11D8 LINCOLN Code - Restraint Event Notification
|B11D8 LINCOLN code possible causes
- Faulty Restraint Control Module (RCM)
- Restraint Control Module (RCM) harness is open or shorted
- Restraint Control Module (RCM) circuit poor electrical connection
- Fualty Battery Energy Control Module (BECM)
|How do I fix the B11D8 LINCOLN code?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|B11D8 LINCOLN code tech notesB11D8:36 Restraint Event Notification Signal Frequency Too Low
B11D8:37 Restraint Event Notification Signal Frequency Too High
B11D8:38 Restraint Event Notification Signal Frequency Incorrect
B11D8:11 Restraint Event Notification Circuit Short to Ground
B11D8:15 Restraint Event Notification Circuit Short to Battery or Open
|Cost of diagnosing the B11D8 LINCOLN code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B11D8 LINCOLN code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|What are B11D8 LINCOLN code possible symptoms?
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
|B11D8 LINCOLN code descriptionThe Battery Energy Control Module (BECM) monitors the impact notification output from the Restraint Control Module (RCM). The RCM outputs a Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) voltage on the circuit based on status. If the BECM senses the frequency is out of range, will illuminate the powertrain malfunction (wrench) warning indicator and set a Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC).
|Need more information with the B11D8 LINCOLN code?Need more information on how to fix the B11D8 LINCOLN code? Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
|Need help with a B11D8 LINCOLN code?Get the B11d8 Lincoln code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
|B11D8 LINCOLN code commentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above helps you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B11d8 Lincoln code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks