B1186 Code - Open In Passenger Side Air Bag Second Stage Squib Circuit
|B1186 code possible causes
- Faulty Passenger Side Air Bag Second Stage Squib
- Passenger Side Air Bag Second Stage Squib harness is open or shorted
- Passenger Side Air Bag Second Stage Squib circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Air Bag Sensor Assembly
|How do I fix the B1186 code?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|Cost of diagnosing the B1186 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1186 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|What are B1186 code possible symptoms?
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
|B1186 code descriptionThe Passenger Side Air Bag Second Stage Squib Circuit consists of the Air Bag Sensor Assembly and Passenger Side Air Bag Module. The squib circuit causes the Passenger Side Air Bag to deploy when deployment conditions are satisfied.
|Need more information with the B1186 code?Need more information on how to fix the B1186 code? Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
|B1186 code information for specific makes
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
|Need help with a B1186 code?Get the B1186 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
|B1186 code commentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above helps you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B1186 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks