B1184 INFINITI - Left Front Seat Belt Buckle Pre-Tensioner Ground Short
- Faulty Left Front Seat Belt Buckle Pre-Tensioner
- Left Front Seat Belt Buckle Pre-Tensioner harness is open or shorted
- Left Front Seat Belt Buckle Pre-Tensioner circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Air Bag Sensor Unit (Air Bag Control Module)
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B1184 Infiniti DescriptionThe Air Bag Sensor Unit (Air Bag Control Module) monitors the Left Front Seat Belt Buckle Pre-Tensioner. The Air Bag Sensor Unit sets the OBDII code when the circuit for the front Left Front Seat Belt Buckle Pre-Tensioner is shorted to ground.
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Need more help?Get the B1184 Infiniti code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
B1184 INFINITI CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B1184 Infiniti code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks