B1178 NISSAN - Right Front Seat Belt Buckle Pre-Tensioner Voltage Short
- Faulty Right Front Seat Belt Buckle Pre-Tensioner
- Right Front Seat Belt Buckle Pre-Tensioner harness is open or shorted
- Right Front Seat Belt Buckle Pre-Tensioner circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Air Bag Sensor Unit (Air Bag Control Module)
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B1178 Nissan DescriptionThe Air Bag Sensor Unit (Air Bag Control Module) monitors the Right Side Front Seat Belt Buckle Pre-Tensioner. The Air Bag Sensor Unit sets the OBDII code when the circuit for front Right Front Seat Belt Buckle Pre-Tensioner is shorted to some power supply circuit.
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Need more help?Get the B1178 Nissan code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
B1178 NISSAN CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B1178 Nissan code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks