B1174 - Front Door Lock-Link Switch Right Unlock Circuit Malfunction
B1174 Possible Causes
- Faulty Front Door Lock-Link Switch Right
- Front Door Lock-Link Switch Right harness is open or shorted
- Front Door Lock-Link Switch Right circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Rear Body Control Module (RBCM)
How do I fix code B1174?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the B1174 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1174 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B1174 DescriptionThe Rear Body Control Module (RBCM) monitors the Front Door Lock-Link Switch Right Switch. The RBCM sets the OBDII code when the RBCM detects a short to ground in the Front Door Lock-Link Switch Right Unlock circuit with the Front Door Lock-Link Switch Right Locked.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1174 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- B1174 MAZDA Front Door Lock-Link Switch Right Unlock Circuit Malfunction
Need more help?Get the B1174 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B1174 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks