B1172 - Front Door Lock-Link Switch Left Unlock Circuit Malfunction
B1172 Possible Causes
- Faulty Front Door Lock-Link Switch Left
- Front Door Lock-Link Switch Left harness is open or shorted
- Front Door Lock-Link Switch Left circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Rear Body Control Module (RBCM)
How do I fix code B1172?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the B1172 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1172 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B1172 DescriptionThe Rear Body Control Module (RBCM) monitors the Front Door Lock-Link Switch Left Switch. The RBCM sets the OBDII code when the RBCM detects a short to ground in the Front Door Lock-Link Switch Left Unlock circuit with the Front Door Lock-Link Switch Left Locked.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1172 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- B1172 MAZDA Front Door Lock-Link Switch Left Unlock Circuit Malfunction
Need more help?Get the B1172 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B1172 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks