B1167 TOYOTA - Short In Curtain Shield Squib LH Circuit
- Faulty Curtain Shield Squib Assembly (Left Side)
- Curtain Shield Squib Assembly harness is open or shorted
- Curtain Shield Squib Assembly circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Airbag Sensor Assembly Center
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B1167 Toyota DescriptionThe Curtain Shield Squib (Left Side) circuit consists of the Airbag Sensor Assembly Center and the Curtain Shield Squib Assembly LH. The circuit instructs the Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) to deploy when deployment conditions are met. The Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) B1167 is recorded when a ground short is detected in the Curtain Shield Squib LH circuit.
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Need more help?Get the B1167 Toyota code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
B1167 TOYOTA CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B1167 Toyota code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks