B1167 TOYOTA - Short In Curtain Shield Squib LH Circuit
B1167 TOYOTA Possible Causes
- Faulty Curtain Shield Squib Assembly (Left Side)
- Curtain Shield Squib Assembly harness is open or shorted
- Curtain Shield Squib Assembly circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Airbag Sensor Assembly Center
How do I fix code B1167 TOYOTA?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the B1167 TOYOTA code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1167 TOYOTA code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B1167 TOYOTA DescriptionThe Curtain Shield Squib (Left Side) circuit consists of the Airbag Sensor Assembly Center and the Curtain Shield Squib Assembly LH. The circuit instructs the Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) to deploy when deployment conditions are met. The Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) B1167 is recorded when a ground short is detected in the Curtain Shield Squib LH circuit.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1167 TOYOTA code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Need more help?Get the B1167 Toyota code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B1167 Toyota code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks