B1148 TOYOTA - Front Airbag Sensor RH Circuit Malfunction
B1148 TOYOTA Possible Causes
- Faulty Front Airbag Sensor (Right Side)
- Front Airbag Sensor (Right Side) harness is open or shorted
- Front Airbag Sensor (Right Side) circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Airbag Sensor Assembly Center
How do I fix code B1148 TOYOTA?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the B1148 TOYOTA code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1148 TOYOTA code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B1148 TOYOTA DescriptionThe Front Airbag Sensor (Right Side) circuit consists of the diagnosis circuit and the frontal deceleration sensor, etc. If the Airbag Sensor Assembly Center receives signals from the frontal deceleration sensor, it judges whether or not the Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) should be activated. The Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) B1148 is recorded when a malfunction is detected in the Front Airbag Sensor (Right Side) circuit.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1148 TOYOTA code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Need more help?Get the B1148 Toyota code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B1148 Toyota code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks