- Faulty Supplemental Restraints System Control Module (SRSCM)
- Supplemental Restraints System Control Module (SRSCM) harness is open or shorted
- Supplemental Restraints System Control Module (SRSCM) circuit poor electrical connection
- Fualty Charging system
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B1102 Kia DescriptionSupplemental Restraints System Control Module (SRSCM) checks input voltage when "IG ON" to make air bag system work properly. If input voltage is out of normal range, there can be malfunction in system operation. In this case, Check battery and charging system. The SRSCM sets DTC B1102 and turns warning light on if voltage below threshold value is detected for more than 4 sec. (If voltage within threshold value is detected When the SRSCM returns to normal condition. SRSCM regards DTC as being cleared and turns warning light off).
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Need more help?Get the B1102 Kia code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
B1102 KIA CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B1102 Kia code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks