B1101 CHEVROLET - Battery Voltage Too High
B1101 CHEVROLET Possible Causes
- Faulty Sensing and Diagnostic Module(SDM)
- Sensing and Diagnostic Module(SDM) harness is open or shorted
- Sensing and Diagnostic Module(SDM) circuit poor electrical connection
First diagnose B1101 CHEVROLET code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the B1101 CHEVROLET code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1101 CHEVROLET code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B1101 CHEVROLET Possible Symptoms
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B1101 Chevrolet DescriptionWhen the ignition switch is turned to ON, the Sensing and Diagnostic Module(SDM) will perform turn-on test to diagnose critical malfunctions within SDM itself.
Upon passing these test ignition and deployment loop voltages are measured to ensure that they are within their normal voltage ranges. The SDM monitors the voltages at the driver low and the passenger low to detect shorts to ground or voltage in the deploy loops.
The SDM checks the wiring connection to each inflator by letting the infinitesimal current flow through the internal circuit and verify the resistance. But if the voltage is out of range, SDM is unable to check the airbag system properly.
B1101 CHEVROLET More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1101 CHEVROLET code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Need more help?Get the B1101 Chevrolet code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
B1101 CHEVROLET CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B1101 Chevrolet code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks