B10EA - Positive Temperature Coefficient Heater Circuit Short
B10EA Possible Causes
- Faulty Electric Booster Heater
- Electric Booster Heater harness is open or shorted
- Electric Booster Heater circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Body Control Module (BCM)
How do I fix code B10EA?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
B10EA:14 Positive Temperature Coefficient Heater: Circuit Short To Ground or Open
Cost of diagnosing the B10EA code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B10EA code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B10EA DescriptionThe Body Control Module (BCM) monitors the Electric Booster Heater. The BCM sets the OBDII code when the BCM detects a short to voltage or ground on the heater control circuit.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B10EA code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- B10EA CHRYSLER Blower Motor Control Circuit High
- B10EA DODGE Blower Motor Control Circuit High
- B10EA FORD Positive Temperature Coefficient Heater Circuit Short
- B10EA JEEP Blower Motor Control Circuit High
- B10EA LINCOLN Positive Temperature Coefficient Heater Circuit Short
- B10EA MERCURY Positive Temperature Coefficient Heater Circuit Short
- B10EA RAM Blower Motor Control Circuit High
Need more help?Get the B10ea code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above helps you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B10ea code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks