B109B - License Plate Light
B109B Possible Causes
- Faulty License Plate Light
- License Plate Light harness is open or shorted
- License Plate Light circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Body Control Module (BCM)
How do I fix code B109B?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
Cost of diagnosing the B109B code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B109B code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B109B DescriptionThe Body Control Module (BCM) monitors the License Plate Light. The BCM sets the OBDII code when the License Plate Light is not to factory specifications.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B109B code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- B109B CHRYSLER Panel Model Door 2 Control Circuit/Performance
- B109B DODGE Panel Model Door 2 Control Circuit/Performance
- B109B FORD License Plate Light
- B109B JEEP Panel Model Door 2 Control Circuit/Performance
- B109B LINCOLN License Plate Light
- B109B MERCURY License Plate Light
- B109B RAM Panel Model Door 2 Control Circuit/Performance
Need more help?Get the B109b code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above helps you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B109b code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks