B1089 INFINITI - Front Pre-Tensioner Left Short
B1089 INFINITI Possible Causes
- Faulty Front Pre-Tensioner Left
- Front Pre-Tensioner Left harness is open or shorted
- Front Pre-Tensioner Left circuit poor electrical connection
First diagnose B1089 INFINITI code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Cost of diagnosing the B1089 INFINITI code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1089 INFINITI code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B1089 INFINITI Possible Symptoms
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B1089 Infiniti DescriptionIn the case of a frontal collision that exceeds specified impact level, the diagnosis sensor unit detects the deceleration caused by the collision. If restrains the passenger with seat belt easing the stress on passengers chest with load limiter.
The restraint system for front seat occupant consists of the pre-tensioner mechanism and load limiter mechanism.
B1089 INFINITI More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1089 INFINITI code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Need more help?Get the B1089 Infiniti code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
B1089 INFINITI CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B1089 Infiniti code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks