B1070 NISSAN - Assist Air Bag Module Open
B1070 NISSAN Possible Causes
- Faulty Assist Air Bag Module
- Assist Air Bag Module harness is open or shorted
- Assist Air Bag Module circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Diagnosis Sensor Unit
First diagnose B1070 NISSAN code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Cost of diagnosing the B1070 NISSAN code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1070 NISSAN code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B1070 NISSAN Possible Symptoms
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B1070 Nissan DescriptionIn the case of a frontal collision whose acceleration exceeds the specified level, the ignition materials are ignited by the electric ignition system. The system burns and introduces the chemical reaction of gas generating materials to generate hot gases that flow into the air bag through a filter and expand the bag.
The front passenger air bag module mainly consists of air bag and inflator which inflates the air bag.
B1070 NISSAN More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1070 NISSAN code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Need more help?Get the B1070 Nissan code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
B1070 NISSAN CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B1070 Nissan code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks